Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > auto vin search not working
auto vin search not working

2580 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-01-07 20:09:09

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    TRIGGY
    2015-01-03 20:35:39
     auto vin search hardly works at all on most vehicles on maxisys any idears?

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-01-07 13:25:35 (Reply to:TRIGGY)

If you are talking about the one button auto id function I would recommend just selecting the manufacture and such on your own it is faster and not all vehicles support it. The time you spend waiting for it to figure it out and then it doesn't you could have just select it on your own. I personal just look at it as a feature that really isn't needed. Now if they could get the vin scan with the camera working that would be nice and would solve the problem with vehicles that that can not be identified with the one touch id.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-01-07 20:09:09 (Reply to:TRIGGY)

I personally love the auto vin id feature when it does work is the most beautifull thing, its not available for all vehicles, but the vehicles that needed the most are, like gm for instance entering all the digits required are time comsuming also ford, chrysler for can bus only dont know why the drb3 has auto detect autel didnt copy it right, for many other vehicles has to be can bus also for the auto vin id to work, i have gotten used to this feature so much that I hate to use a tech2, and i wish it gets fully develope on future updates even for pre canbus vehicles.

Total1 Pages